There's nothing like a summer wedding, and no time more "summer" than the hot days of August. As couples all over Chicago took advantage of the warm weather and Chicago's best wedding venues, we were there to help them heat up the dance floor with with Chicago's best DJ songs.
And which songs would those be?
Every Monday, we ask our wedding DJs which songs killed on dance floors over the weekend. Here are their top 15 picks for the month of August 2017.
First, a few disclaimers:
- This list is NOT scientific. If you want to know which songs are stastically popular across the country, there are plenty of other places to look. There are just our DJs' memories of what happened with one particular group of guests at one particular event over the last few weeks. And what happened was, those guests partied down.
- It's not just what you play; it's also when you play it. Some of the songs below might be terrible with a different crowd - or even with the same crowd, played at a different time of night. That's what makes DJs are better than jukeboxes: They've learned to take your requests, read your dance floor, and then put your music in the right context to make it a party.
Here's how we did that last month:
DJ Keaton Michael
1. Never Be Like You - Flume feat. Kai
2. Turn Down for What - DJ Snake & Lil John
3. Get Low - Dillon Francis, DJ Snake
DJ Stephen Vaughn
1. Piano Man - Billy Joel
2. Don't Stop Believin' - Journey
3. I Gotta Feeling - Black Eyed Peas
DJ Andrew McGarvey
1. Uptown Funk - Mark Ronson & Bruno Mars
2. Mr. Brightside - the Killers
3. I'll Be - Edwin McCain
DJ Kelvon Fluellen
1. Let's Dance - David Bowie
2. Call the Police - LCD Soundsystem
3. One Dance - Drake
DJ TJ Medel
1. Despacito - Luis Fonsi ft. Daddy Yankee
2. Nothing Holding Me Back - Shawn Mendes
3. Shut Up and Dance - Walk the Moon
Want more ideas from our wedding DJs in Chicago? Subscribe to this blog.