Need wedding music ideas? Our DJs work weddings all over Chicagoland. Every Monday, we ask them a simple question: Which songs killed it on your wedding dance floors this weekend?
Here's how Backthird's Chicagoland wedding DJs answered for the month of August 2016.
A few words of explanation first:
- This list is totally NOT scientific. If you want to know which songs are stastically popular across the country, there are plenty of other places to look. There are just our DJs' memories of what happened with one particular group of guests at one particular wedding over the last few weeks. And what happened was, those guests went crazy on the dance floor.
- It's not just what you play; it's also when you play it. The songs below are listed in SETS - they're batches of several tunes our DJs played in a particular order that got a great result. DJs are better than jukeboxes because they've learned to take your requests, read your dance floor, and then put your requests in the right context to make them work at your reception.
It takes three things to make a party: A great group of guests, a great request list, and a great DJ. You've already got the first thing on that list; maybe this will help you with the second.
1. Hypnotize - Notorious BIG
2. Back That Azz Up - Juvenile
3. Jump Around - House of Pain
1. Suga Suga- Baby Bash
2. Sexual Healing Remix - Marvin Gaye ft. Shaggy
3. Red, Red Wine - UB40
1. Come on Eileen - Dexy's Midnight Runners
2. Shut Up and Dance - Walk the Moon
1. Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen
2. Don't Stop Believin' - Journey
3. Livin on a Prayer - Bon Jovi
4. Sweet Caroline - Neil Diamond
1. Heartbreaker - Pat Benatar (inspired some air guitar solos)
2. Cha Cha Slide - DJ Casper
3. We R Who We R - Ke$ha
DJ Andrew McGarvey
1. Shut Up and Dance - Walk the Moon
2. Wannabe - Spice Girls
3. Low - Flo Rida
Want more wisdom from our DJs? Meet one in person - and find out if he or she is the DJ for you.