July is a busy month for DJs, with couples all over taking advantage of the warm weather and summer schedules to plan all-out wedding bashes. This year was no exception. But which songs were the biggest on those wedding dance floors?
On Mondays, we ask our Chicago wedding DJs that very question. Here are the songs they told us were hitting big at Chicago weddings all through July 2017.
First, a few disclaimers:
- This list is NOT scientific. If you want to know which songs are stastically popular across the country, there are plenty of other places to look. There are just our DJs' memories of what happened with one particular group of guests at one particular event over the last few weeks. And what happened was, those guests partied down.
- It's not just what you play; it's also when you play it. Some of the songs below might be terrible with a different crowd - or even with the same crowd, played at a different time of night. That's what makes DJs are better than jukeboxes: They've learned to take your requests, read your dance floor, and then put your music in the right context to make it a party.
Here's how we did that last month:
DJ Stephen Vaughn
1. Marry You - Bruno Mars (we used this song for a flash mob!)
2. Humble - Kendrick Lamar
3. Sweet Caroline - Neil Diamond
DJ Andrew McGarvey
1. Footloose - Kenny Loggins
2. Smooth - Santana
3. Cupid Shuffle - Cupid
DJ Keaton Michael
1. Bootylicious - Destiny's Child
2. Whatta Man - Salt N' Pepa
DJ TJ Medel
1. Despacito - Luis Fonsi ft. Daddy Yankee
2. No Problem - Chance the Rapper ft. 2 Chainz & Little Wayne
3. Respect - Aretha Franklin
DJ Kelvon Fluellen
1. Good Time - Lady Gaga ft. Miley Cyrus
2. Timber - Pitbull ft. Ke$ha
3. The Hora!
Want more ideas from our wedding DJs in Chicago? Subscribe to this blog.