What should your wedding DJ be playing? In Chicago, that answer's as diverse as the people you'll have at your wedding.
But it's nice to have a few ideas to get your playlist started.
That's why every Monday, we ask our Chicago wedding DJs the same question: Which songs killed it on your dance floors this past weekend? Here are their answers for June 2017..
First, a few disclaimers:
- This list is NOT scientific. If you want to know which songs are stastically popular across the country, there are plenty of other places to look. There are just our DJs' memories of what happened with one particular group of guests at one particular event over the last few weeks. And what happened was, those guests partied down.
- It's not just what you play; it's also when you play it. Some of the songs below might be terrible with a different crowd - or even with the same crowd, played at a different time of night. That's what makes DJs are better than jukeboxes: They've learned to take your requests, read your dance floor, and then put your music in the right context to make it a party.
Here's how we did that last month:
DJ Keaton Michael
1. Livin' on a Prayer - Bon Jovi
2. Friends in Low Places - Garth Brooks
3. Sweet Caroline - Neil Diamond
4. Fresh Prince of Bel Air - rapped by the Maid of Honor!
DJ Stephen Vaughn
1. Don't Stop Believin' - Journey
2. Back in Black - AC/DC
3. Country Grammar - Nelly
DJ Andrew McGarvey
1.Everybody - Backstreet Boys
2. Uptown Funk - Mark Ronson ft. Bruno Mars
3. Turn Down for What - DJ Snake & Lil' John
DJ Kelvon Fluellen
1. Sandstorm - darude
2. Collect My Love - The Knocks ft. Alex Newell
3. What is Love - Haddaway
DJ TJ Medel
1. Bebot - The Black Eyed Peas
2. Cha Cha Slide - DJ Casper
3. Shut Up & Dance - Walk the Moon
Want more ideas from our wedding DJs in Chicago? Subscribe to this blog.