Summer is here. If you're a wedding DJ in Chicago, there's no question - celebrations are in full swing and the crowds are dancing like crazy.
But dancing to what, you ask?
Each Monday, we ask one question of our wedding DJs in Chicago: Which songs killed it on your dance floors this past weekend? Here's what they told us for May 2017.
First, a few disclaimers:
- This list is NOT scientific. If you want to know which songs are stastically popular across the country, there are plenty of other places to look. There are just our DJs' memories of what happened with one particular group of guests at one particular event over the last few weeks. And what happened was, those guests partied down.
- It's not just what you play; it's also when you play it. Some of the songs below might be terrible with a different crowd - or even with the same crowd, played at a different time of night. That's what makes DJs are better than jukeboxes: They've learned to take your requests, read your dance floor, and then put your music in the right context to make it a party.
Here's how we did that last month:
DJ Stephen Vaughn
1. Humble - Kendrick Lamar
2. Swing - Savage feat. Soulja Boy
3. Ignition - R Kelly (MYRNE trap remix)
1. Tearing Up My Heart - N'SYNC
2. Dance Off - Macklemore
3. Feed the Animals - Girl Talk
DJ Keaton Michael
1. Footloose - Kenny Loggins
2. Country Grammar - Nelly
3. The Gummy Bear Song. (Ok, this was for a kids' party - not a wedding. But it KILLED for sure.)
DJ Andrew McGarvey
1. Save a Horse (Ride a Cowboy) - Big & Rich
2. Uptown Funk - Mark Ronson ft. Bruno Mars
3. Footloose - Kenny Loggins
Want more ideas from our wedding DJs in Chicago? Subscribe to this blog.